1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:49 AM.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good point on Bradish and Wells, I had forgotten they were mid-season TJ guys. I specifically didn't include Means because he's such a wild card. It's almost gravy if you get anything out of him at this point.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten the timeline too. Well stated.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, but I do think these last three years show that a best-of-3 playoff series is an entirely different beast than a routine three-game series. Nobody cares when a team loses the opener of a three-game set in June. But when your entire season is on the line? Everybody's assholes pucker up for the second game.

maumann likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Gary Sanchez catching for the Brewers tonight. Contreras DH with a knee issue.

Has Sanchez improved any defensively since he was a Yankee?

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

This is a Brian Cashman move: Once you fire the manager and get rid of the human shield, you have to answer for your own failures.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Anyone who can get a hit with a runner on base, please report to Mil-wah-kay.

8. jr/shotglass

You're so mean to those boys. They have to spend half the year in Mil-wah-kay, you know.

(Apologies to Wisconsites.)

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At least we have Americans favorite Brewers fan keeping us abreast of things. [/drunkposting]

jr/shotglass likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Great pitching or nervous hitters? Maybe a bit of both. But gotta favor the Brewers at this point.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This game has seen more chasing than a convention of hedge fund bros in Vegas.

12. Deskgrunt50

That might be enough for the Brewers. Outside of Lindor (2 for 3) the Mets are lost (0 for 20).

Alonso has lost himself a lot of money in free agency this year. Overall numbers aren't bad, but hitting with RIPS has been fucking awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted