1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:49 AM.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hey, Skubal might throw a 45-pitch CG. ;)

2. brn623cl

brn623cl New Member

Small sample size but the Tigers showing no post-season jitters

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Chaos descends quickly.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My entire life growing up in an area filled with fans of both teams, a Cleveland-Detroit playoff series has been all but impossible to entertain. The two teams have never been good at the same time. I’m starting to entertain it.

It would be fun to ignite a rivalry that is naturally waiting to be lit in those fan bases.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2024 at 3:35 PM
    Liut likes this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The best part of that video is that Rich Hill was pitching in that video, was already kinda old, and is still pitching.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

misterbc and maumann like this.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I was able to finangle a split shift at work today (still building print/e-Edition pages, and have to wait for the Veep debate tonight for the latter).

Bottom line: I worked 8:30-12:30 PDT, don’t have to be back until 6, and can watch both AL wild card games. Feel like a kid playing hooky!

2muchcoffeeman, Liut and maumann like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

I'll say right now that they're getting seven out of Skubal. 62 pitches entering the 5th.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

These ESPN announcing crews seem like they put names from their stable in a bag and randomly pulled them out. McDonough, Mendoza and McDonald sounds like an ESPN radio show from 2008.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Tigers can’t be stopped. A Cy quality starter in a best-of-3 series is a huge advantage.

12. jr/shotglass

It took a beat to become accustomed to Michael Kay doing a Tigers-Astros game.

From your lips to ...

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted