1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good to see Rizzo back in the World Series.

Still can't believe those Cubbies didn't run off 2-3-4 titles.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I can. The ownership knew it only needed to win one to extract every dollar from that fanbase possible and halfass their way to billions of dollars. There was no incentive to keep pushing. They’ve got a neighborhood to develop now.

Didn’t help Baez’s and Bryant’s expiration seems to have been 28 years old.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Please don't rub it in...

4. three_bags_full

A friend just called and asked me to go to game 3 with him. It's expensive, but it's once-in-a-lifetime

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I went in 2022 and was there for the no hitter. It was like $185 for standing room but I wasn’t missing that after winning the ticket lottery.

6. three_bags_full

Yeah, it ain't 185 ... I think I'm going to do it.

Edit: Judge and Ohtani at Yankee Stadium. We keep saying we need to take advantage of the northeast while we're here ...

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Did that one go over the bullpen?

maumann likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

All of Cleveland: Did you morons learn anything from watching us? Don’t pitch to him. Just walk him and take your chances with two guys on. He’s a baseball Terminator right now.

maumann likes this.
  9. three_bags_full

Jesus. I would've never thought Bernie Williams was the biggest Yankee bat in October.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Stanton is getting to the point you can't throw him anything near the zone. Long break didn't seem to cool him off.

maumann likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Stanton is setting pitchers up like Manny Ramirez used to. He’ll look foolish early in an at-bat and then sucker you into pitching to him when you originally intended to put every pitch two feet off the plate and walk him.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Just happened to tune in to see Stanton deposit one into the windshield of a 2024 Lexus parked in Lot G. Holy moly did he crush that.

Draft saved Draft deleted