1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Fuck.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Both of these games have been great. Ohtani now a wild card. Still feels like Dodgers in 5 or 6.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Trevino with a chance to put his name in the history books with a grand slam with two outs in the ninth, instead flies out harmlessly to center. Yankees down 0-2 going home to the Bronx.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cool. If you don’t mind answering, how much were the tix?

5. maumann

Jayson Stark with the historical perspective, with the 1978 and 1981 World Series as Exhibits A and B as to why past performance has no bearing on future outcomes. As Jim Bouton said in Ball Four, tell your statistics to shut up.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Analytics are information. God forbid you use information.

Its amazing to me that old school mangers never made a mistakes

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The problem is if you really want to run the actual numbers, you’d need to know what the numbers of a pitcher who hasn’t pitched in a game in 37 days are.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

1200 each.

Edit: I’m honestly queasy about how much it cost, but after I thought more about it, I kinda said fuck it. It’s Yankees-Dodgers, and I likely won’t be in this position again. I’ve gotten back into umpiring and decided to use the money I’ve made this fall on the tickets and used a shit ton of points to get a hotel in Chelsea for free.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2024 at 7:50 AM
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Excellent. I had looked myself, willing to spend maybe $400-$500 apiece for the nosebleeds. They were going for $1,400, albeit prior to the Series beginning. No thanks.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There’s some nosebleeds for around 900 now. Prices came down significantly after Game 1, but are still crazy.

I know it’s an obscene amount of money, and I feel creepy mentioning the price. The only reason I considered it was because of the “second job.”

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. maumann

Hey, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I think it's awesome that you've got a chance to be at Yankee Stadium for a World Series game. The experience is well worth the money sometimes.

UNCGrad likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Taylor Swift has skewed everyone’s perspective on ticket prices. Suddenly, everything under $3,000 seems reasonable. I find myself doing it. “You can get in the door for $500! Wow!” Whereas in 2018 that would seem insane.

Draft saved Draft deleted