1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Goosebumps.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know there's no crying in baseball, but we can make an exception here.

EDIT: A name that probably means something only to Giants fans, but per the SF Chronicle, legendary retired clubhouse manager Mike Murphy won't be making the trip either. Instead, he'll watch it with Willie back home.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I looked at Rickwood tickets last year, and they were thousands of dollars. Rich people get all the best experiences.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I thought this post was about the Stallions winning the championship yesterday. Hi NC!

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This is such an MLB thing, draping itself in glory by giving lip service to remedying the ugliest part of its past while ensuring only super rich white people get to go to Rickwood and pat themselves on the back.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They’re doing about a quarter of the tickets to groups that work with kids in the city, which is 3/4 black. So even if you want to be super cynical, they at least knew enough to cover their asses on that front.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I do! I do want to be super cynical!

dixiehack likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

When I saw Kwan was fourth in the All-Star voting among AL outfielders today, I was miffed. I assumed he was still out and wouldn't be available to play in the game. Upon further review, I have no problem with his candidacy. But it's gonna be tough to displace any of the triumvirate of Judge, Soto and Kyle Tucker.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Last night on the latest installment of the ESPN Yankees-Red Sox broadcast, Karl Ravech suggested it's virtually impossible to choose between Gunnar Henderson, Bobby Witt Jr., and Anthony Volpe.
    Uh, no. It's not impossible.
    Two are studs. One is a nice player who'd fit in fine in the National League but who would never be mentioned in the same breath as the other two if he didn't play for the sanctified squad from the South Bronx.

Fred siegle and jr/shotglass like this.
  10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine Tucker or Kwan playing in the game, given their injuries this year.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yeah but they'll go as long as they're healthy in three (ree ree) weeks.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Kwan has been back for a week and playing as well as ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted