1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

OH MY FUCKING GOD

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, that certainly ran the gamut of emotions in 12 minutes.

3. jr/shotglass

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Three home runs today by Lawrence Butler, two for Brent Rooker. I wonder who Rooker ends up with.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think the two strike calls against Henderson were bullshit. So maybe some karma came into play. Holmes walks a guy who is in a massive slump, then two ridiculous defensive gaffes. When you've lost six in a row at home, sometimes you need a little divine intervention.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wow no big fan of Clay Holmes or the Yankees but that's a tough loss to take. He got at least four outs in that innings but his defense absolutely gagged.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I do want to give Ben McDonald some credit. If you listened to the Roku broadcast, you would have never known that he mainly is an Orioles broadcaster. I thought he was really fair and down the middle, got excited at the right times for the Yankees. There's some risk in using the hometown guy in a neutral situation, but Ben is a damned pro's pro.

Liut and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. jr/shotglass

For some reason, I would have paid to see Garrett Stubbs throw the ninth in Philly today.

EDIT: I remembered I could watch it on YouTube TV after the fact. The A's lit him up for five runs in the first five batters as he threw 38-mph bloopers. Then he retired three in a row, hit 87 on the gun once, and kept Butler from his fourth home run (F-8).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Another walk-off win for Detroit against the Dodgers.

UPChip, HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Great way to roll into the break. The kids just don't give up. Hopefully, this is a foundation-building year and they take that leap into contention in 2025.

jr/shotglass and Liut like this.
  11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

A lot of games after the break against Central opponents before the end of July. Not predicting ... Just sayin'.

maumann likes this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It's always a wonderful day when the Dodgers get their hearts broken. It's especially wonderful when it happens two games in a row.

Draft saved Draft deleted