1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Dodgers have pawned off James Paxton to the Red Sox. He'll have a night or two when he dominates, and then will break down again for the umpteenth time. His nickname should be "Fiat."

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was out playing golf and just saw this. Solid if unspectacular move. Trading Hays opens a daily role for either Kjerstad or Cowser. And good lord that bullpen needs some sort of depth right now. Kimbrel really can't be trusted at this point. Good numbers but far too many hit-walk-walk innings like he had yesterday.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I could easily see Mullins going, too. I think they'd be just fine going forward with an outfield of Kjerstad-Cowser-Santander, with Stowers and O'Hearn.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I hope they make moves with their head and not their hearts. It would be tough to see Ced go because he's a fan favorite and has been a part of a lot of big moments with the club. But like Trey Mancini, if you can improve the team by moving him, you have to do it. Ced just hasn't been good enough at the plate this year.

5. jr/shotglass

Tonight's lineup is the best he can put out there, IMHO. Everyone in the right place. Now, if Rodriguez gives them a quality start ...

Cosmo and tapintoamerica like this.
  6. jr/shotglass

Hadn't given ol' Zach much thought, either, but I like this, too. That's not giving up a single top-10 prospect.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And it's the Rays not giving up a single decent starter for those prospects.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Horvath is depending on the list. It's a good package for a solid starting pitcher with another year on his contract.

And I'm sure the Rays were more than happy to drop the contract of the guy who was going to be their highest paid player next year (only two guys making at least $10 million on the books for next year right now)

9. jr/shotglass

Beats the hell out of Dean Kremer as the No. 3 starter. Plus it keeps the O's in play to offer part of the farm for Skubal.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He never will flash that defense in Norfolk. Out of options.
    I am assuming that Stowers is part of a trade package. For his sake, I hope I’m right.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

“Superutilityman” is translated as “Jack of all trades, master of none.”

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Like others, I do like Eflin as a 4 or 5 starter. Suarez is getting pounded like a pedo in prison right now. Need help.

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted