1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Phillies in a tailspin. Yanks sweep!

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Couldn't watch either, but apparently he got hit by a pitch on the wrist.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Even that won't get Coby Mayo called up yet. Birdland's ongoing watch continues. ;)

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Witt Jr was one hit away from hitting .500 for the month.
    Now we await the inevitable Cleveland collapse.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Baltimore-Cleveland in a four-gamer this weekend. Spicy. Saturday night game is a Fox national broadcast.

6. jr/shotglass

Westburg: Fractured hand.

7. jr/shotglass

That's one long moment of silence ...

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ugh. I guess that means Urias slots in at third every day for now. Really no other option there without a callup. He's been hitting decently of late, at least.

9. jr/shotglass

They moved Livan Soto onto the roster. I still don't know what their plans are for Jimenez or Slater.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Everyone is slumping at the same time or at least everyone who matters. And pieces of the bullpen stink. And the starters haven't been great outside a 26-year-old who has been released by multiple organizations including the Phillies.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Jimenez inn for Pache, whom the Phillies presumably wanted out of the way. He's out of options but can easily be discarded. I have no idea why they traded for Christian Slater or whatever his name is. He, too, is out of options. If they demote Kjerstad again to make room for a guy who couldn't play in the National League, I'm taking hostages.

Unfortunately, Kjerstad hasn't been the same since getting drilled in the head. And who can blame him? The 97 mph bullet is the fastest pitch to hit anybody in the head in the Statcast era.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Logan Webb with the 1-0 shutout that was oh so fun to watch. Those are so rare nowadays. Love letting him finish, no closer. Means lineup couldn’t score but loved the pitching, every pitch means something.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted