1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I don't know what the most insane fucking stat of all-time is, but Oneil Cruz being 21 days older than Juan Soto is right up there near the top.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

……but…….they are.
    What was it……6-7 game lead?…..I said 2 months ago that it was a done deal that Cleveland was gonna piss that lead away.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ok
    You can only draft one of these 4
    Soto
    Cruz
    De La Cruz
    Witt Jr

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Davis hasn't played in the majors since June 14, but it's understandable. There isn't much reason to pay attention to the Pirates when Skenes isn't pitching.

Catcher had been a disaster for the Pirates this season until Joey Bart took over and actually hit worth a damn. How did that happen?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

LMAO

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was prepared to be incensed, and then I saw the score bug. That’s just the umpire being a great American.

Spartan Squad and poindexter like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Witt. Premium position. But it’s close with Soto.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The White Sox are 13-53 on the road.

.197 winning percentage.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

They are committed to the bit. The White Sox are bad in every way a team can be bad.

Octave likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

On a side note, Scott Barry was passing through Pittsburgh after he worked in Williamsport last week.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Are we talking drafting from day one, as in when they're still amateurs, or right now? If it's from day one, give me Soto, because he's not even 26 and already halfway to the Hall of Fame. If it's right now, I probably side w/@tapintoamerica on Witt Jr, b/c of the premium position and the possibility he may still have room to improve. As great as Soto is, he's probably a finished product.

Draft saved Draft deleted