1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

BitterYoungMatador2 and Gutter like this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This is probably just a post for @maumann and me (and the other Tigers people here), but one thing I keep going back to is that if the Tigers were to win out, they would have gone 29-11 in their last 40 games ... still six full games behind the way the Tigers started 1984. Or they're currently the hottest team in baseball and 28-12 in their last 40.

Saw someone make a comparison to Rocktober in 2007, though MLB has got to be thanking their lucky stars a bit. Under the 1995-2019 one Wild Card system, the Orioles and Padres would be both up four games and only the NL West would be particularly close.

Liut and maumann like this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I could actually see Buck giving it one more shot. He’s 68. Has plenty of energy left.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He won't take it but based on his history the Reds are the perfect Showalter start-up kit

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've learned my lesson from years past about hoping for a certain opponent in the postseason. Wanted the Royals in 2014, got smoked. Wanted the Rangers in 2023, got smoked. Whomever comes to Baltimore next week, so be it. Looking like Detroit or KC, both of which can be scrappy. Don't care which one. Just beat who is in front of you.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I initially thought Cincinnati. Maybe even Colorado cause there’s no way……wait for it…..Black is back.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The story says he was released, but all over Twitter/X says he’s been DFAed, which is actually worse because then the Pirates would have a week to release him. Which means the season would be over by then.

If he was actually just released. I hope another team picks him up just to screw with the Pirates.

outofplace likes this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This whole rest day between almost every game in the division series means really low-scoring games, I suspect. More top two starters and rested bullpens.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing.
    Don Orsillo is very good.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh please let it be the Phillies just to put it right in their ass.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

John Sterling...forgotten, but not gone.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Royals aren’t scoring at all since the Pasquatch went down. Give me KC.

Draft saved Draft deleted