1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The Brewers approve.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Yes. North Georgia has been under severe thunderstorm alerts all day. Just in time for the remnants of the hurricane tomorrow night. I've gotten close to two inches of rain today, with 8-12 expected overnight tomorrow. Add gusts up to 80 mph. Don't expect the power to stay on once it gets here.

Can they even get the field ready for the Royals series this weekend?

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Also, another big time win for the Tigers. Parker Meadows led off the game with a homer, the bullpen was lights out. Jackson Jobe with a scoreless ninth in his major league debut.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Fucking White Sox are gonna win out, aren’t they? How boring.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the current MLB season there have been 1973 HBP in 177,267 PA -- a rate of one HBP every 89.8 PA. Where that stands historically I don't know but it is not my perception HBPs have increased dramatically.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Don’t worry, their putrid bullpen alone is worth another loss or two.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Pretty ironic that Tommy John doesn't believe in science. But then again, wasn't his elbow problem cured by a witch doctor?

matt_garth likes this.
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Unlike the 2003 Twins, who did the Tigers a solid and helped them avoid 121 by virtue of already being in, Detroit will need at least one win or help elsewhere to finish off a Wild Card spot. Minnesota is at home to Baltimore and KC at Atlanta if and when that series ever gets going.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The fourth true outcome.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They finish in Detroit, which is still battling to clinch a wild-card spot. Doubtful.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Great, so they can play spoiler too. Snooze. I want to see “121” in the “L” column!

Draft saved Draft deleted