1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I got an Indians Starter jacket to show my CLE love after Joe Carter, Cory Snyder, and ...(damn forgot 3rd) were on the SI cover in the baseball preview issue (remember when that was a thing?). That love extended through the mid 90s and even recently. I'm in on Cle

Liut likes this.
  2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It was just them on the cover. And that was the year! To lose 100 games. Again.

qtlaw likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Wasn't Brook Jacoby on the cover one year as a rising star and he sucked out loud?

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

If this doesn't bring IJAG back nothing will. :D

HanSenSE, Liut and swingline like this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey don't be insulting an sj.com icon!

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If ijag survived the floods in Atlanta, she’s on her way to murder someone at this very moment.

HanSenSE, swingline and Liut like this.
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Pitcher Bobby Shantz turned 99 years old yesterday (9/26). He is the lone surviving Philadelphia A, and is also the oldest living former Pirate, Cub, Phillie, and Astro/Colt .45 player. He is the second-oldest living former Yankee and Cardinal.

I think he was the only player selected in the 1961 (Washington) and 1962 (Houston) expansion drafts. He won the first game in Houston history. If not for a bad hop, he probably would have been the winning pitcher in Game 7 of the 1960 World Series, and Bill Mazerowski would never have made the HOF.

What a life.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

swingline likes this.
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Deep drive to left by Castellanos...

Draft saved Draft deleted