1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm surprised by how OK I am with that move. I've been saying everyone has to be patient with the kid, but honestly, the Orioles' arc is not going to change one way or the other with Holliday's status. He might as well go back, get everyday at-bats, and recalibrate.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If fans have to call a online service for home delivery of ballpark staples, we are lost as a nation.
    GM1.jpg GMGk2XoasAA4gkn.jpg

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I think the Orioles were concerned that he whiffed in nearly half his at-bats. Weird how the bat speed evaporated.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

He will hit, and before the season is over. You may save that to scorch me later.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd guess there's a non-zero chance that Ball Bucket, The Heater, and LA Street Dog are also Urban Dictionary entries.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Cutbacks have forced me to cover the national flatulence and Anthony Rendon beats.

This guy . . . .

[​IMG]

jr/shotglass likes this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I won't argue with it. I like him and believe he will be a star.

I don't think he was rushed, either. There is nothing more for some of these kids to do at the minor-league level.

Exit velociyu has been proven to increase incrementally between the 18- and 24-year-old seasons. SO his crazy bat speed is only going to get better as he fills into his frame.

9. jr/shotglass

Given the starts of the 3-5 starters the past time out or two, this creates a bit of a logjam. I know, not a bad problem to have.

10. jr/shotglass

Craig Kimbrel has hit the late-Philly portion of his Baltimore career.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Something not right with him today. Seven straight balls to start was a red flag, clearly has a knock of some sort. Not a good series loss though.

12. jr/shotglass

It also might be time for all to realize the Oakland A's are competitive. In spite of everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted