1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most overrated actor ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 16, 2006.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I watch it sometimes, but I just treat it as a comedy. Once you do that, it's quite entertaining.

It's the same lines, ad nauseam--

Caruso [while removing sunglasses]: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee need to talk.

Emily Procter [yes, I would hit it, but she can't act]: That's not what the evidence tells me.

Smug perp: Well, you can't prove that.

Caruso and/or Procter: Actually, I can.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

procter can certainly act. see: "west wing," year 2. as ainsley hayes. talk about polar opposite shows -- one with awesome, constant dialogue full of an actor's dream roles, the other with awful, minimalist dialogue that olivier couldn't bring to life. ??? ??? ???

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Is that the one about duty?

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

they're all about duty. ;D ;D ;D

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Not a WW fan, so I'll give in on Procter's acting ability. But I'll also say that Caruso takes a bad situation and makes it worse.

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Gotta stand up for Denzel. I can understand how he might not be everyone's idea of a sex symbol, but to say he's not a good actor? That's just silly.

8. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Denzel is fantastic. Can't think of any of his work I didn't like.

9. Frylock

Frylock Member

I disagree on the Affleck bashing. I think his pretty-boy status makes him an easy target, but he's done some good work. He's also been in some horrendous big-budget films.
    I have a feeling people might be surprised when Hollywoodland comes out.
    Also, DiCaprio is an excellent actor.
    Most overrated performance was Denzel Washington in Training Day, although he's a great actor.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Affleck is wooden... not as wooden as gary Cooper because he IS capable of some emotion and facial expression... but he's always smirking...and there's nothing that lets you know there's depth.
    It's kind of like watching Jennifer Aniston in her last two movies... Rachel Green on the Big Screen.

11. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

1. Barry Bonds

2. Keanu Reeves

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

FB --
    Sorkin knew he was a dweeb, though.

From the same show:

"Excuse me, but were you the recording secretary of the Princeton Gilbert & Sullivan Society for two years running?"

"No. But then again, I'm heterosexual."

Draft saved Draft deleted