1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie scenes that make you cry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i feel honored she wasted it on me. ;D

i have a feeling she'll regret it in the morning, though.

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I didn't even notice.

Actually had no idea I was so close.

Thanks for your hospitality, Doc.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck, that really takes the wind out of a guy's sails. :eek:

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

What I meant to say was:

I wouldn't dream of using my 2,000th on anyone but you.

Or Joe.

Or JD.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

:'(

Just kidding. I'm nothing special.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I heart spup too much to go around giving you my milestone posts.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i know this is the wrong thread, but ...

tears are falling - kiss

8. pallister

pallister Guest

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That likely was the right answer ... for both of our sakes.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

:D

11. If I see Brian's Song in the TV listings, I get weepy.

12. Hiro

Hiro Member

I know this is a movie thread that has touched on some TV, but one of the most genuine, painfully sad moment's I've experienced from a media actually was from a video game.

Spoilers, obviously, though I can't imagine any person who might beat the game who hasn't yet.

The last part of Final Fantasy X, with Tidus slowly fading away as he stands behind Yuna, his arms around her as he fades into nothingness and they both cry, broke my heart one summer home from college. I sat in the basement and cried like a baby for some reason, and probably didn't so much as shed a tear again for years. The story is silly, regarding the WHY of his dying, but the whole game was set up that they were taking HER to a stupid, empty sacrifice, then you find out that he's the one that has to die to save her, but the sacrifice is good, and it just tears me to pieces to think about it (moreso now, since I'm getting married soon).

Laugh or make fun or whatever of crying at a video game. But I know I'm not alone on the board of people who loved that game, and probably had a similar reaction to its ending.

[​IMG]

Edit: I remembered it backwards, I had her standing behind him, but wikipedia proves my memory wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted