1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie scenes that make you cry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Pica Poll

Pica Poll Guest

I seldom post, but have enjoyed the journey of this thread.

I agree with the obvious...

Field of Dreams
    Forest Gump (the last 30 minutes!)
    Backdraft (Funeral scene)
    Brian's Song
    The Champ

And the emotions and the quality of "The Wire" have chocked me up a couple of times. Counting down to Season Five...

As for a TV moment that does it for me... How about The Accident episode from the aforementioned Wonder Years. Here is the best scene from a terrific television show:

2. KG

KG Active Member

Hiro the Final Fantasy games are so much more than just a game. There's tons of player time invested in them. I'm not even the one that plays and I have a ton of time invested in them.

3. Well, that's something I didn't expect.

4. KG

KG Active Member

It was a good game with a good story, even from a watcher's point of view. I'm sure when playing it you become even more "emotionally attached" to the characters. I liked it, hence the avatar.

5. I've always wondered what the avatar was KG.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I've been asked by lots of people, so I'm glad Hiro mentioned the game here and posted a picture.

7. Hiro

Hiro Member

Yeah, that's actually what got me thinking about it.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Forgot one of my top 5:

Kramer vs. Kramer, near the end, when Streep tells Hoffman she can keep the boy. Powerful.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

kg - i think you can do much better than that skater dude.

10. KG

KG Active Member

I don't know, he's pretty bad-ass. Who else would go up against monsters and demons for me?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

uggmmm, a football player? duh! ;)

12. KG

KG Active Member

That's right, what was I thinking? No worries, skater dude sacrificed himself already. He's out of the picture.

Draft saved Draft deleted