1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie scenes that make you cry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 29, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You got a problem with that, Heather?

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I suppose the ending of Big Fish has been mentioned.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Don't know if I mentioned the end of Man on the Moon or not, but it gets me.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That scene definitely gives me chills, just because you can imagine being in that group and knowing you are riding into your impending death but you go anyway because you are honoring the call of your fellow man.

5. I'd follow Ms. Otto anywhere.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Agreed. She is really hot in that movie.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

A tough one was just on TNT.

At the end of LOTR: The Return of the King when Stryder is taking over the throne, he is wandering through the crowd accepting greeetings when he comes upon the hobbits, who bow to him. "My friends, you bow to noone" the King says. When he drops to one knee, the thousands gathered drop to a knee.

Gets me every time.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Then there's one of the final scenes of "Dave," the one where Kevin Kline impersonates the president.

Earlier in the film, there was a scene right after Dave took over as "president" when he asked Ving Rhames' secret service man if he would take a bullet for him, knowing he wasn't with the real president. Rhames, having just met Dave, kind of stares at him blankly, making for an awkward moment.

Fast forward to the climactic session of Congress. Dave fakes the stroke, they get the real president into the hospital, and as Dave is ready to leave the ambulance to make his escape, Rhames shakes his hand and tells him, "I would have taken a bullet for you."

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Die motherfucker die.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I cried at the end of L&O: SVU when Stabler's wife had the baby in the ambulance. I also get a little teary at the end of League of Their Own.

I will never understand the Armageddon thing, though.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

me either.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Notebook.

Draft saved Draft deleted