1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movie scenes that make you cry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 29, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are ton of clips of that scene, and the eventual resurrection, on youtube. Bring your hanky (no, I didn't cry, but I did like the scene at the time.)

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

OK fair enough. I'll rent the Notebook before casting judgment. Good call :)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fortunately--or unfortunately--I've seen The Notebook.

A bunch of crap. I wasn't moved once. Except when I had to pee.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes you were moved! Say it! Admit it! You wish you were the guy chasing that cutie pie redhead. Admit it!

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Untamed Heart'

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Outsiders on A&E right now.

This movie crushes me, every time, but it's different parts now than when I was a kid.

And Tom Cruise was by far the worst actor in a cast that included future B-movie icons C. Thomas Howell and Patrick Swayze.

7. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

The ending to 'La Bamba' --- "Noooo not my Richie"
    Vietnam War battle scene in 'Forest Gump' when Bubba died.
    last battle scene 'The Last Samurai' when Katsumoto got shot up.

8. The end of City Lights.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the end to the final episode of saved by the bell.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The park scene at the end of You've Got Mail.

11. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

The end of The Cowboys with John Wayne.

12. Castaway -- When Tom Hanks is talking to his buddy after visiting his ex-fiance, now happily married with a kid, and realizing that she kept him alive for five years but ... she didn't keep him alive. "And I've lost her all over again," he says.
    Field of Dreams -- I've got an 8-year old. I'm still waiting for him to ask me for a catch.
    Born Free -- First movie I cried at.
    Platoon -- The whole dysfunction of the relationships and sense of purpose (or lack therof) left me f'ed up.
    Schindler's List -- When the children take refuge in the latrine. And I mean IN the latrine. I was about to cry ... several teenyboppers in the audience were laughing.

Draft saved Draft deleted