1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

True. However, nobody wore masks or socially distanced during previous "cough and cold seasons." And flu is a hella lot less contagious (and deadly) than COVID. That gives me hope that good old cold and flu will be markedly down this winter.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Overstating it just a bit, I'd say.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Two days. Yeah, no one will transmit it when they go back Wednesday.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You mean ... Betsy DeVos and Donald Trump didn't have a plan, either on how to reopen schools safely or how to deal with another outbreak?

You mean they didn't think any child would contract the virus?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, they just didn't give a damn.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They're going distance learning for two days, which says that they could have all along. I imagine the two days are about waiting on more tests to come back so they can see how bad it is.

SFIND likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure that is part of it. They are also going to have to wait and see if any of the students or teachers who were exposed to someone with the virus starts to show symptoms. Honestly, they should be doing contact tracing and getting every one of those people tested.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Scenes From a Biker Rally, Undaunted by the Virus

“My biggest concern is drivers — they just don’t pay attention to bikes. But I don’t know one person in a six-state radius who has had Covid. I think it is all just political.”

-------

“You’ve got to be smart. I’ve got masks. When I walk around or ride around, I wear a mask.

-------

“I’m not convinced it’s real. I think it’s nothing more than the flu. If I die from the virus, it was just meant to be.”

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

10. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Back in my day we used to toss around rubber test tube stoppers. Man, did those things bounce in a funny way.

sgreenwell and maumann like this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But, teachers must have guns to defend campuses against grizzly bears!

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted