1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Looks like my husband and I survived a week in South Carolina, today is the end of our 2 week quarantine at home in CT. I thought the elevator in our building would kill us but if people did not have on masks, we told them to wait for the next one. I did worry about the "lingering in the air" thing with us using it after it coming back down after just unloading a bunch of no maskers. (I think the lingering in the air story was in the news that week)
    (hope I didn't just jinx myself)

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The elephant in the room. It's convenient to toss around blame for 170,000 deaths to someone else, but to a degree, it's on overweight US (pun intended).

Obesity Raises the Risk of Death From Covid-19 Among Men

lakefront likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Bill Maher also mentioned early on that you can improve your immune system in a short period of time and people should be working on that during quarantine.
    Generally speaking I hate how we have made it acceptable for people to be fat. Many reasons that it's not a good thing for society.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

THAT is a great underrated story, IMO. Not just for COVID, but for so many things. Immune system holds so many cards.

lakefront, Neutral Corner and maumann like this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Lakefront, be well. So far, so good.

lakefront likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The OG

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  7. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

This isn't wrong. I'm not obese, but I am carrying more than I should, and most of my spare time in the pandemic has been focused on working out, eating better, prioritizing sleep (I shoot for eight hours a night; pre-pandemic my target was six) and becoming devout about vitamin intake. I feel a dramatic difference in every way. The last time I caught a cold, I fought it off in three days; before the pandemic, colds would linger for eight or more days. It's no guarantee, but I feel better about my ability to fight this thing off if I catch it.

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Joe Rogan has been yelling about it since March.

maumann likes this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My sister the doctor jokes about how many of her patients have the "COVID 19:" They've gained at least 19 pounds since the lockdowns. Lack of exercise, coupled with stress eating (or just eating poorly). My last blood work had some issues, so my doctor would like a little more movement and a little less eating as well. It's difficult, because we don't feel safe at the local college gym, and walking around the neighborhood's not really generating enough cardio.

Shelbyville Manhattan and SFIND like this.
  10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Six classes at my child's school have been placed in quarantine, impacting 75 students and six teachers. It is the fourth school in our district, 10 total classes that we know of, where the kids have been forced into quarantine. The one at my kid's school, I've been told that it is a confirmed positive case. They had four days of school so far.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I bought a cross trainer, a rower and a big screen television and put them in an extra room I had. I know that is about $2,500 bucks and my kids are gone so I had the space but it worth it if you can swing it. It is easier than getting to the gym and I can do things like watch the football game of my choice while exercising so I find it more pleasant. I am keeping my gym membership just for the weight lifting though I currently don't go due to COVID concerns.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted