1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Um, yeah.

maumann likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That, or people have realized they can stop paying inflated prices for so-so movies they can see on Netflix in six weeks.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

During a pandemic, sure. I’ll do the VOD thing. I bought the new Bill and Ted on Friday. But once it’s safe I’m going back to the theater. I enjoy the experience.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I'm going to disagree with Kyle Smith, who's a film critic and not some nobody, but I don't think he's thought it through very well.

First, not all of them are open. Probably 30%. Second, I'm not sure that that many people know, where they are open, that they are open. Third, Tenet is a guy flick - women, tbh, are smart enough to know just from a trailer that some movie about reverse time isn't their bag any more than Inception was - and I think the targeted market of guys in their 20s, 30s and 40s are...pretty busy at the moment. Or they're cash-low. Or a lot of things.

Movie theater terrification wasn't the No. 1 thing on my mind. People have no issue rolling into bars, and those places are hives for the disease. Tenet just isn't that flick. Inception did $62 million opening, and that was Leo, plus Nolan coming off of The Dark Knight, plus it looked interesting, plus it was 2010, and back then, a Christopher Nolan movie was a !!! thing. It's not that now.

If Disney had thrown Mulan in the theaters, it would have done very well. It would have given parents something to do with their kids, for starters.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Seriously? I didn't know I had to have a penis to appreciate something about reverse time? I mean just science fiction in general or stuff that's too technical for my little tiny female brain? That whole paragraph there is a massive pile of sexist crap, including the idea of the only men of a certain age are busy and perhaps cash poor right now.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

$150m worldwide - the US has become a hermit kingdom like North Korea.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

SFIND and garrow like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We need something better than the like button for posts like this.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How was Bill and Ted?

Draft saved Draft deleted