1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm pro-caution, but these endless pictures of beaches and college students at bars just seems a bit creepy and voyeur-ish.

Slacker likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Those bars blew up UAT's numbers right after it reopened. The Mayor shut them down with good reason, and those pictures show why they'll be shut right back down as soon as the numbers blow up again.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL. ... POIN said this?

[thatsthejoke.jpg]

5. Neutral Corner

Bradley University in Illinois just enacted a two week quarantine for their entire student body.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Don't forget to tip your cap as you round the bases

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hey man, the teachers asked for it. Like, literally. In their texts to the ninth graders.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Those students ask for it by acting like dipshits and crowding into a bar in the middle of a pandemic.

SFIND likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Looks like the ideal time to schedule an SJ.com gathering for select posters at the board's favorite vacation spot!

10. Neutral Corner

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm getting that ultra confusion time again. Our county commissioners yesterday made some resolution that kids need to be in school. Our two main school districts are not in person until mid-October at least. Charter and private schools are in person. The county commissioners claim numbers are good enough to be able to do it. I honestly think we should try at least a hybrid but that's above my pay scale. But I am also on board with doing what is best for all. I have heard no updates from the school districts if they are reconsidering things. I'm guessing they aren't.

Then the governor yesterday tries to say we should start playing high school football. State organization today says no, staying the course.

Here we are months into this and all sides still talking out of all sides of their mouths and the general public remains the ones confused as hell. We all want to be back to normal or as much as possible. I want my kids out of the damn house. But can we get on the freaking same page at some point regarding any of this? It just adds to all the misconceptions and miscommunications and frustrations of everyone and doesn't exactly make things safer.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

If only there were someone in charge of the country who could lead and provide a good example...

Draft saved Draft deleted