1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But we're doing a great job, Trump says. Greatest job ever.
    Soon, he's going to have another sycophant on SCOTUS and she's going to buy any nonsensical argument his klan of attorneys presents for the notion that the election is being stolen.

TigerVols and SFIND like this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Had an encounter with an anti-masker today, or maybe just someone on drugs or a garden-variety asshole.

I stopped at a Speedway on the way home from work. I grabbed a soda and a bag of cashews and made my way toward the register. A guy walked in, not wearing a mask. The clerk confronted him and pulled his shirt over his face. The clerk reminded him he needed a mask. The guy said he didn't have one and became belligerent. He dared the clerk to call the police. He walked behind the counter and grabbed one of the employee masks and put it on, still refusing to leave. Meanwhile, there were about a half-dozen people in the store waiting to be rung up (myself included) who had to wait while this whole thing took place. There were also several other people at the pumps who couldn't get their purchase authorized because the clerk had to deal with this guy and nobody else was available to do that.

Eventually, I said to myself, it looks like they had a lot to discuss and I put my soda and cashews back and left the store. As I was leaving, the guy mentioned he needed help with his vehicle. I did see a car at the pumps with its hood up. Maybe it was his.

It was just so bizarre and it wasted so much time for so many people.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

upload_2020-9-22_22-8-14.png

Attached Files:

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goin' great!

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I just heard today that because of U.S. climate change effects coming from the West and South Michigan, Minnesota, and upper New England will be the least affected and a new destination for retirees.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lots of good golf in Michigan. And lots of sunlight in the summer to play it.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

We just had our first youth sports related cancelation due to COVID (first I've heard in any youth sports period in our area). Weekend flag football games wiped out. A coach on a team (no word on age group) tested positive. They said only three teams were impacted and the county health department said they could still play but the league is playing it better safe than sorry.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This doctor says much of the population has "cross immunity" conferred by other coronaviruses, which means they already have T-cells (not antibodies) with which to fight COVID-19. He says this explains why "a highly transmissible virus in densely populated areas peaked at 10-20% infected regardless of lockdowns or masks."
    "The pervasive misconception is that we have zero immunity against COVID-19. Based on this flawed understanding, epidemiologists projected that herd immunity is not reached until 60-70% are infected. This is almost certainly wrong.''

Says crossover immunity "may explain why so many young and middle-aged individuals are asymptomatic even when testing positive for coronavirus. It is likely that their T cells recognized the virus and mounted an immune response before even mild symptoms surfaced."

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

James Todaro is a hydroxychloroquine advocate who hasn’t worked in the medical field for two years, putting his professional energy toward bitcoin bullshit. All claims by him should be judged with skepticism.

SFIND, sgreenwell and Slacker like this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If you can't trust the head of MEDICINE UNCENSORED, who can you trust?!?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted