1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

MAYBE WE NEEDED A PLAN

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just hop in the helicopter to take you to the state of the art military hospital.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

One Alabama university stayed safe during the coronavirus outbreak. Another, 60 miles away, struggled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...64f714-f163-11ea-999c-67ff7bf6a9d2_story.html

"TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, with its lush green lawns and fancy Greek houses, is a world apart from the concrete high-rises at the university system's Birmingham campus nearly 60 miles away. But the schools were supposed to have the same clean slate when classes resumed amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Every student had to test negative before setting foot on campus. Everyone had to use a smartphone application to check for symptoms daily. And everyone heard the same pleas from university leaders: Keep the campuses safe.

More than a month later, 2,375 Tuscaloosa students had tested positive for the virus, 6.2 percent of the student body, according to data through Oct. 1. Birmingham had 109 cases, a tiny 0.48 percent of the students."

"Ria Hearld, an associate professor in the UAB Department of Health Services Administration and chair of the Faculty Senate until Sept. 1, said she suspected one reason coronavirus infections at UAB remain low is because many students major in health care and have a front-row view of the hospitals treating covid-19 patients.

“These are our friends, our colleagues, at the front lines,” she said. “It really hits home.”

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

gingerbread likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Moddy. :(

Two things really got to me this year. We go to the US Open on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend every year. I missed that a lot.

Also, thanksgiving weekend we do a college hockey game at MSG every year, and I will miss that a lot this year. Maybe more than the Thanksgiving day festivities @ my sister's that we won't be doing. More than any Rangers game, even.

My nephew was supposed to get married in March, and they are postponing it a year. I felt really bad for them.

gingerbread likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Huge blow to the local economy.

Fuck.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I want to hear more about how we didn't need a plan

gingerbread likes this.
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No worries. Good judgment isn't a requirement to be a judge on the Supreme Court.

gingerbread likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Still required: taking off your shoes & only having tiny bottles because of one dirtbag 20 years ago. An actual biological event tho... let’s actively block proven countermeasures.

FATUS cult brains rotting from the inside.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted