1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Coco-
    What are others?

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Well, a co-worker's kid lost her sense of smell for weeks and weeks after she felt better. It still isn't all the way back, over a month later.

And then there's the "long-termers," who have relapses of breathing problems and other issues. I've read about young, otherwise healthy people who find the thing damn hard to shake.

maumann likes this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

But it coordinates so beautifully with my unibrow and my knuckles!

maumann and swingline like this.
  4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The Upper Midwest had to go inside. I mean, that's a very simplistic thing, but I think that forced modification of behavior has more to do with it than any other factor.

Second was probably the Sturgis rally doing a great job of starting that process in many of those same locations.

My hair is pretty regular in terms of growth. I basically have to get it done quarterly. I believe I last had one in September so I'll probably be good until around the first of the year.

Machine Head likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

maumann made the moustache crack and I was like "Surely he knows?", then I thought "You know, I'm just gonna dance a little sidestep and get right on out of the middle of this one."

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

I read an article where they quoted a long-termer. He said that you could just list all of the various symptoms and problems that Covid can cause, then pick a couple of them out of a hat every day. That's what Covid recovery is like for him.

I Should Coco and Driftwood like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good to hear. Hope the progress continues. Keep us updated.

Webster likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Arkansas is set new cases records on back-to-back days this week. It’s been beautiful here. We’ve not been forced inside.

People have given up. They don’t care any longer. I drove past an Applebee’s tonight - it was packed. So was a BWW and a Hooter’s. And two bars I saw. Imagine risking your life - or at least your long-term health - for THAT food.

The only way that changes is if Covid mutates and starts making people’s noses fall off.

SFIND and Machine Head like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Or if it kills enough of them.

SFIND likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Tease.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

COVID deaths per million:

Belgium 1,095
    Peru 1,050
    Spain 830
    Brazil 760
    Chile 754
    Bolivia 749
    Argentina 731
    United States 730
    Mexico 729
    Ecuador 719
    United Kingdom 713
    Italy 672
    Panama 638
    Colombia 634
    France 610

Why again are we so spectacularly, singularly awful WRT this virus? Have all these countries "given up," too? Did they ignore the virus? Say it would just go away? Downplay it?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good to know Chile and Bolivia have the exact same medical resources as the USA! And that we should ignore the success of other nations in fighting Covid!

SFIND and Machine Head like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted