1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Relatively speaking, the US will always sputter if everyone else is playing at full strength. Its point of reference is when a continent was in ruins.

That's why it doesn't want everyone else at full strength. Proxy wars! Sanctions! And why it's willing to punish allies for entering into business deals with rivals.

We've gone from "build a better mousetrap" to "sanction those who build better mousetraps."

German Town Fears Ruin by U.S. Effort to Stop Russian Pipeline

Uh . . . 1942?

Dec. 1, 1942: Mandatory Gas Rationing, Lots of Whining

In our opinion: Like enemies of old, Americans will defeat coronavirus

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I never said *I* was a copy editor. Thanks for the correction.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That book is a good read, especially in light of what's happened this year.

People overlook a lot when talking about the World War II years. Of course there was heroism, sacrifice and, ultimately, victory for America ... but things got off to a really rocky start.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

College memories? Our paper was a daily. Staff members had print shop duty one night a week. The shop was a couple of blocks from campus. Go there about 9 to proofread and check pages. Invariably, the whiney-voiced production manager would announce: "The Mergenthaler is down."

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Two months ago I would have said we had a chance to hold it under 300k. Now 400k is a very reasonable estimate.

It's not just the anti-mask Trumpers. Basically everyone has lost the ability to stay compliant, probably due to poor leadership.

I keep coming back to colleges opening their campuses and holding in-person classes. Every college president was smart enough to know how stupid that was, but they just couldn't look past their own myopic world.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

how embarrassing for the media.

(did I do it right?)

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Officially canceled today. That makes three vacations ruined this year, four if you count taking the weekend off right before the George Floyd riots. One of these days my rule-following self is going to get paid off for this restraint. Until then I'll just look out the window and freeze my ass off.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Batman and poindexter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted