1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this. If I'm working a 730-4 or 7-430 shift, I'm generally rolling out of bed 10 minutes before, making coffee and sitting down right at the start time. Maybe I shower at 10 a.m. or whatever. And I'm definitely feeling a power nap at some point of the day, usually 20 minutes around 2 p.m. It's actually going to be a chore to reacclimate to getting up at 630, showering and dressing and leaving the house in time to get to the office 25 minutes away by 730. Every time I say I'm going to try to work a few office days a week to re-acclimate, waking up five minutes before my shift wins. Ugh.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Anybody else seeing TP shortages in the stores?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There was plenty at Publix here this afternoon. Tiny data point, and anecdotal at that.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The Minnesota GOP Senate leader is an asshole in the classical sense. Got his degree from Oral Roberts and sent his non-binary daughter to Marcus Bachmann's gay conversion therapy clinic.

Spent months attempting to overturn the DFL governor's state of emergency powers, including firing state commissioners (basically cabinet secretaries, a process the Republican House minority leader compared to executing hostages), and now claimed this week that "I’ve always said COVID is serious. The surge we prepared for is now happening in spite of restrictions, and I’m glad we helped prepare for it" on Twitter now that he managed to hold on to a Republican majority in the State Senate for another four years.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Here in Ohio. Has apparently been a massive run on it and paper towels this weekend.

Doesn't make any sense to me. How people can not be stocked up is beyond my understanding.

6. Neutral Corner

No need. I quit bothering to try to. While the shelves have tended to be half-empty, they weren't empty, and when I wanted some I just went and bought it.

7. Neutral Corner

I wish I didn't think he was right.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In terms of routine, I am a robot. I don't mean that in my adult working life sense but apparently from the time I was in the crib.
    2020 has been hell to me. The only routine is that there hasn't been a routine.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I started heading back to "the office" mainly because by home internet can't handle Zoom. But it is amazing how much I needed the routine. Actually showering in the morning; having a sense of different times of the day; seeing different people.

wicked likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Still have a good supply from when I bought some in June. Got it from the source rather than the store, so the amount was in greater numbers.

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted