1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Great news about the vaccine(s).

But in the short-term things are about to get much worse. Prepare yourselves.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

T-giving plans cancelled.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We're already there, even though you are right, it is accelerating.

Community spread is a real danger for any of us right now. I am mindful of the fact that if I walk into a grocery store right now, there is a decent chance someone else there can pass the virus to me. That probability has gone up quite a bit over the last few weeks.

Not directed at you, but why would anyone need Anthony Fauci to tell them that when vaccines drop, it isn't an "all clear" signal immediately? As long as the virus is spreading, it is a threat.

People being "pissed off," is meaningless and silly. This is beyond our control. I'm pissed off about a lot of things that are beyond my control. I deal with the circumstances that life throws me. I can't cross a busy 5-lane interstate on foot, even though it would cut my walking time in half and get me to my destination more quickly. I don't get pissed off and try to do it anyhow.

SFIND likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I can't remember if I posted this or not: I had to go to a local auto parts store on Saturday. I counted 10 customers and employees in the place. I was the only one wearing a mask.

maumann likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The fact that the new CDC guidance shows that wearing a mask HELPS YOU should be a game changer, especially in a country full of selfish, impulsive people. Alas...

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

How is wearing a mask restrictive?

We have a vaccine, open everything up, you're free to live life as normal, but please keep wearing a mask just in case. How exactly is that imposing restrictions?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

BECAUSE NOBUDDUH TELLZ MEH WHUT TO DO, KOMRADE!!

SFIND likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I agree. Two companies makes me feel much, much better.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That's called capitalism.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He didn't say "open everything up." He emphasized social distancing is still needed. That still potentially affects many businesses and people's entertainment choices IF that's what the CDC recommends (since many businesses are using CDC as a guide).

And for those employees who must wear them 8 hours a day . . . masks ARE restrictive. Being less comfortable is restrictive.

Once the COVID menace is over, mask wearing WOULD likely prevent thousands of flu deaths each year. Will it be SOP? Should it be?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I am an employee who must wear a mask for 8 hours a day … and I do not find it restrictive.

Maybe it’s just you.

HanSenSE, SFIND, wicked and 1 other person like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is in Asian countries. I would guess that even after the vaccines are in wide distribution, many (not all) people will regard a mask as a belt and suspenders precaution they undertake willingly.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted