1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And remember if you screen yourself and your family for breast cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer or any other disease you are just adding to the number of cases of cancer. Stay ignorant and die as soon as possible.
    I’m Jesus Fucking Christ and my people have approved this message.

TigerVols and SFIND like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My gym closed down for two weeks (hopefully) today, taking away access to the pool. Bummer. The dismal season has started here and it's rained non-stop for several days. Between that and a recent surgery, gonna be tough to get out and walk to get my exercise. Luckily our kitchen/dining room are all torn up for a remodel so I'm not eating as much, and I don't drink much at all in the winter.

Doing what has to be done, but definitely feeling Covid fatigue. Watching way too much CNN and MSNBA and dropping f-bombs on Trump et all far too often. Luckily no one is home to hear my tirades.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

A large gathering spreads COVID? Shocking!

[​IMG]

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is a brutal thing, mentally. Cruel, I would say. We were just not meant as a species to endure this.

A new hobby is a nice thing. My son and I have gotten into model trains. I wake up every morning thinking about that instead of the virus.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Now that golf season has come to a grinding halt in Mass. (it's 33 outside with a 15-20 mph wind) I need a new pastime for the winter. Going out for neighborhood walks is exercise and cuts the ennui a bit, but it doesn't really distract the mind.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Trump was very pleased when he saw the map on the left. He thought it was the updated election results with him winning the red states.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Our county some how avoided the most strict new restrictions in the state, so my gym is same as it's been for now. I am only using it for the pool and I feel that it is safe, but I may be naive, since you have to reserve a lane, it's just me, I don't really interact with anyone else. If it gets shut I'm going to have to find some new way to exercise over the winter but that's not really the end of the world. It is a nice escape, though.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We were told today not to expect to have mandated office time until at least the end of Q1 2021.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is great news.

COVID 19 immunity likely lasts for decades.

Redirect Notice

10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, try cycling.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, I never asked him and I don't plan on asking him.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Did you read the weather conditions I cited? No way I'm riding a bike out there today. Cold, sleet, snow, ice and above all, Massachusetts drivers, put cycling off my winter to-do list.

Draft saved Draft deleted