1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It is still surprising to me that homosexuals declined to use “protection” in the 1980s.

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Of course they don't "know." But they're not just lobs at dartboards. Science is guessing. It's trial-and-error. But there's a lot of education, prior knowledge and logic behind the guesses. It's far from perfect and not always right. Estimates are not facts, but they're also not merely opinions.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And Judge Reinhold looking exasperated.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Huh, I wonder if over those months where "WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS VIRUS" people started, I don't know, documenting cases and extrapolating statistical patterns? Just a guess.

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Save that one.
    There was a website 20 years ago dedicated to predictions made by sociologists, economists, etc in the 1950-80 period re what life would be like in The Year 2000. Most of them turned out to be absurd.
    It’s too soon to be definitive about what the Trumpandemic will bring. But it is reasonable to plan for the worst.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

In-person banking is a miserable experience with this. Truly godawful. And some banking requires communication with a fellow carbon-based being at what is commonly called a counter.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You can only get them with full Mandalorian armor.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gee, do you think it might be possible that after 13.4 million cases in the U.S., the scientists and doctors might have learned something?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted