1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You'd figure people would eventually figure out RTExpress doesn't argue in good faith and stop engaging, but then again, this is the place where people still talk to Jerry, so ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I guess I'm fortunate. There has been very little resistance to masking, at least in the city. Can get a little sketchy when you get out toward Powhatan and such, but at least where I go in RVA it has been taken very seriously.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm 40 miles north of Cosmo, and my observation is you can basically correlate the willingness to wear a mask with an area's likelihood to vote not-Trump.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know what else to tell you. "Won't do" doesn't always mean "doesn't know to."

If you ask 100 smokers, "You know that's not good for you, right?" the answer will invariably be, "Yes, I know. But . . . "

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

On that topic, I found it interesting when I was in England that the warning on cigarette boxes there are far more dire than what you'll find here. Basically, these things will kill you, with pictures. Yet people still smoke...

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

BTE-

You posted a tweet of a now-masked surgeon general saying masks don't work on 2/29/20. Does not compute.

My sister is doing contract tracing in a western state and tells me they've seen evidence any kind of eyewear will serve as deterrence.

This isn't political, it isn't molecular science, it's just common sense.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I was in Wawa twice in the last couple of weeks. All the employees are masked up. Many of the customers are. But both times I saw three maybe four people without masks. They were all white men.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I overheard one of the fucktards in the store saying to his unmasked wife he was too pretty for a mask. No, you aren't. Your wife neither.

I've mentioned this before but I saw a story a few months ago about masks that came with bacon flavoring on the inside.

Maybe next we can do the fork airplane and mashed-potato steamshovel to get baby to eat like a man.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So wearing a mask is addictive now?

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted