1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I got it from the article. It's in there as a generalization, he just doesn't make what he was doing there the story.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Raising children is more than a full-time job. Our current economic system makes a two-income household functionally necessary. People who want their kids to go back to school aren't being assholes who just don't wanna be around their kids. They're asking for help because they're being asked to do work far above and beyond what is reasonable to ask of them. Usually it's women who bear the brunt of this.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There is a ton of nuance in this.

How hard have families tried to create learning pods?

How well is the teacher working online school so the parent is not doing the teacher’s job of teaching?

How many parents are realizing their secondary student, who should be able to work on their own, is a complete fuck up who can barely wipe their own ass on their own?

How many parents think in-person school right now is all butterflies and lollipops?

There are so many factors.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Roscablo and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gosh, de we really need another story about nurses and how horrible Covid is for their patients!?!

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You know why? Because it's better for their kids if the kids are out of the house.

RickStain and FileNotFound like this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah my thought exactly.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's a fraud world after all
    It's a fraud, fraud world

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Spartan...I don’t think you made a ridiculous point at all. That’s why it wasn’t useful.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Teachers aren't baby sitters, and schools aren't dumping grounds for your spawn.
    Don't want the responsibility of raising your kid? Can't financially handle it? Then don't have kids.

It's absolutely better for kids' education to be under the daily guidance of trained professionals, but it's no good for anyone if it's a powder keg for everyone. I caught COVID at school from a student. We currently have more than 10% of our faculty out either positive or quarantined because they've been exposed.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    wicked and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted