1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

But think of Quant who can’t figure out how to get his kid out of the house or socialize with others.

I guess Quant thinks in-person schools have kids walking around and hanging out with each other as they please with dance music in the lunch rooms.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Ramsey occupies a special and necessary place in the evangelical constellation. Call it the Prophet of Personal Responsibility. He's the one that convinces you that your poverty is not because the system is rigged against you, or your employer is exploiting your work or that a lot of rich people are rich because they inherited or cheated their way to wealth. Your poverty is your fault and that the only thing between you and your dreams is discipline. I mean, he's probably not out there railing against the gays or telling women to stay in the kitchen and make babies, but he's connected as many dots between evangelicalism and the Republican Party as anyone.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Our culture is terminally addicted to painting struggles as a failure of personal responsibility.

Jerry-atric, maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

In my time covering Liberty, there was not a slimier piece of shit than Bob Good. He may actually be worse than Trump. I was very upset when he actually got elected, but then again, most people in the 5th in Virginia would never elect a black man because they're racist fucks. Cameron Webb would have actually been a good congressman, but yay shitty racism in central Virginia.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I ... I don't know what to do with this ...

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

blame the media

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That district map is disgusting. It has the same person representing Charlottesville and Falwellville and a bunch of other Tebow-forsasken, Trumpist places.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Including: How teachers unions tried to take advantage of this moment.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Throw in that child care is hard to find and expensive, now more than ever. If a family has two or three small children it's almost better financially for one not to work, and as you mentioned that defaults to the woman doing it. This crushes women's career arcs on the altar of family. I mean, it can be the right thing to do both for the welfare of the kids and financially but costly in terms of career no matter the sex of the caregiver.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You mean the only public work force that doesn’t get overtime?

And the vast majority of teachers are not in a union.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It's also apparently terminally addicted to painting personal failure as someone else's responsibility.

BTExpress and wicked like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted