1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Teacher unions have not tried to take advantage of it. My girlfriend is a building rep at her school and everyone would like to be back in the building every day, ASAP. Fact is that there are a bunch of teachers in their late 50s and early 60s who aren’t willing to risk it and spend time in a Petri dish of COVID. Do you blame them?

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If the Dems have a say in redistricting, they will slice that district up like a pumpkin pie.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, high drama on CNN as the first Pfizer vaccines are being loaded onto FedEx and UPS trucks.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This sounds a little programmatic.

Maybe specify in what ways which unions "tried to take advantage of this moment."

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just creating a neutral playing field will be a big break for Democrats. Worth noting that Supreme Court may rule such commissions or any voter involvement in redistricting unconstitutional. Also may not.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is fun.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Don't you think many of the people clamoring to get kids back into school believe this also? I certainly do. Which is why I find your "dumping grounds for your spawn" bit as ... beneath you.

RickStain and FileNotFound like this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I am reminded when I was on strike and working at the grocery store across the street, the job I hated most was getting dry ice

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado did the same thing in 2018.

Two separate commissions, one for legislature, one for congressional seats, of which we're expected to get another seat.

12 people per commission made up of four registered Republican, Democrat and independent voters.

Draft saved Draft deleted