1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, my mom cut my ear giving my hair a trim. Enough said!

maumann likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I cut my nose today while shaving. :eek:

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He must have come from SOSH.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I do have an account there from that brief period when Cubs fans and Sox fans had a lot of discussion to do over the Epstein hiring. Haven’t used it since then, so almost 10 years

lakefront likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Your world frightens and confuses me...

HC, Slacker, RickStain and 2 others like this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think I have a SoSH account password in this pad somewhere. Thank you for the idea, that might be a fun play date.

lakefront likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, who already has been giving off a "strict but caring dad" vibe for the entirety of his term, with the very topical reference today in a press conference.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic pull.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m hoping. It varies by state, but a lot of them went with hospital staff first and LTCF+ a couple of weeks later. We may still be a few weeks from seeing the effect of vaccinating them. (Residents of LTCFs make up less than 2% of the US population but they are about 25% of covid hospitalizations and 40% of deaths).

The vaccine should work on two different levels. First, raw cases should be dropping. Vaccinating 2% of people reduces transmission rates by 2%.

But it should also rapidly lower the percentage of cases that die or are hospitalized. By focusing on the elderly and vulnerable, we should be able to rapidly reduce the percentage of cases that are hospitalized.

I’m hopeful that by February we will be seeing weeks that look something like -3% on cases but -12% on hospital census. Once we get to that point, it will be hard to justify continued restrictions.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can't he do something about it?

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This makes sense, plenty of it, but seeing that factoid still grabs your attention.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I've been running a lot of errands and such today, but I think the difficulty is caused by simple lack of vaccine supply. Earlier in that tweet threat from the presser, the state says they're currently only receiving 60,000 doses per week, they need more funding from the Feds and at current pace, it'll take 4 1/2 months just to vaccinate all of the roughly 1 million people in their Group 1B (65+, educators and school staff).

Draft saved Draft deleted