1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Of course it was.
    [​IMG]

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Shot 1 in my arm. Moderna. Almost done with the rest period. No problems yet.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wife got her second moderna on Thursday. She said her first one made her tired and left her with a sore arm. We’re now 48 hours past and nary a symptom. Not sure how that worked, but so thankful it did. Her dad got sick for 5 days after his second (mind you he’s someone with no body fat) so she was scared.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Something I've noticed in Massachusetts. We have hit a case plateau of about 2000 a day. But in the last three days, deaths (they lag by 2-4 weeks) have been 9,8 and 3. This would indicate vaccinations are really starting to have an effect. So far, we have a little less than 40 percent of the population with at least one shot, and just under 25 percent fully vaccinated (including me!).

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. Michael_ Gee

As soon as the FDA replaces the emergency authorization with a regular one, which should be quite soon, then no Marine or any other member of the armed forces will have the option of refusing the vaccine.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you read the paperwork they give you when you go for a shot and you aren’t closely following developments in the news, I can see why you’d wonder about what you were getting into and whether it was at all worth it. Sometimes I think we forget we are a self-selecting group of people consuming a heavy news diet.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can't count the number of times the doc I worked for started a patient on new meds by giving them several boxes of samples. Patient then reads the enclosed product literature and sees the safety warning. Since that literature is written as an ass covering measure by lawyers, the list of possible side effects will include every known side effects, including those which were 1/750,000 or whatever. Think of the stuff you hear at the end of a TV pharma commercial.

Patient then does not want to take the med because he's scared, even if the product was something as universal as Lipitor and the doctor will routinely test for side effects of meds since you are taking it..

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Just got my first Pfizer-BioNTech shot. Whole process took about 45 minutes, including the mandatory post-shot wait. Feeling slightly fatigued and my arm is definitely sore, but otherwise I'm fine. I might not have noticed the shot at all had I not been looking when the nurse injected me. Now to bide my time until my mutant DNA begins to make itself known.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sitting here five minutes after receiving shot No. 2. Not feeling anything yet. No one around me has collapsed, and there are probably around 300 people here.

12. Michael_ Gee

Anecdotal evidence I have seen on this board and others is that by far the most common side effect is a sore arm of varying severity. Second is fatigue of varying severity. But there are also many many tales of no side effects at all from either shot.

OscarMadison, SFIND and lakefront like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted