1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Not sure about information, but there is a small amount of vaccine sharing going on.
    U.S. to share 4 million doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine with Mexico, Canada

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is a program for vaccine acquisition and distribution in Africa called Covax which is, I think, a WHO program which has largely used AstraZeneca because that was the dominant shot in the EU, which was its major supplier. Much African vaccine is acquired from India, which is a major producer, but supplies are now limited because India, which has like a billion people, is dealing with a COVID surge of its own.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Once the supply of what the Feds bought in the U.S. starts to exceed the demand, it would make sense to start sending doses to Mexico.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

They have electricity in Africa.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Vaccine storage issues could leave 3B people without access

nearly 3 billion of the world’s 7.8 billion people live where temperature-controlled storage is insufficient for an immunization campaign to bring COVID-19 under control

Astra Zeneca and Johnson &Johnson solved this.

SFIND likes this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

But they still have electricity in Africa. Quite frankly your tweet made it sound like us white folk had to make sure that we could get the vaccine to a bunch of black people clad in loinclothes out in the veld. People live in cities all over the African continent.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Or I knew that the refrigeration chain couldn’t reach a large proportion of the continent because I’d read it.

Fuck off. Nothing I wrote intimated any of what you invented.

Get back to me in six months and see what proportion of the vaccines in Africa are refrigerated.

SFIND likes this.
  8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That escalated quickly!

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Did you know if say fuck off backwards, which just switches the vowels basically, it sounds British?

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It checks out.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There have been complaints about Pfizer and Moderna not waiving their patents so manufacturers in other countries can produce vaccines locally. Pfizer and Moderna each plowed a lot of their money into mRNA vax research long before COVID that paid off here, so it’s not a simple problem to solve.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They have T-shirts and everything. It's great.

Draft saved Draft deleted