1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Keyword in the abstract "English-language media." France, which has fucked up the virus far far worse than the US has, has had loads of negative coverage. Of course, that's hard to differentiate from regular French media coverage of days where nothing happens. The typical French news program features a panel of guys (almost always guys) sitting on plastic chairs radiating vibes of impending doom as they exchange high-falutin' theories about the nature of doom (or soccer, or the euro, or whatever they're talking about).

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Please. You think the media coverage in China has been more negative? Russia?

Brazil, perhaps. I don't know.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Are you upset by the idea that American media is less supportive of government policy than in those countries?

5. Michael_ Gee

Really, government controlled press is not the same thing. Come on. I made an apple vs. apple comparison and you're throwing these rutabagas into the discussion.

tapintoamerica and SFIND like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please don't feed the sock puppet. I'm still convinced it is one of the cowardly trolls from the land of the banned, or perhaps it is more than one of them using the same account.

SFIND likes this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How sad if true.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

And yet, knowing that about China, and what its authoritarian approach to protecting its own reputation meant for the rest of the world, I think, nevertheless, the US is viewed as a bigger COVID villain. (Which is in large part related to Trump.)

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No I was stating what I believe to be true about the US’s COVID reputation worldwide vs. China’s. (Again, largely due to Trump, and China’s success in covering up whatever has happened there.) And I was told that I’m wrong. And I then posted a graphic showing my point.

I know the media press coverage of our nation will get better with Biden. That’s one reason I voted for him. It’s one reason why I voted for Clinton, too. I knew then, as now, Trump’s manner was going to ruin our reputation among US media and around the globe. And, it did.

12. Michael_ Gee

China's reputation about Covid is far from good. In Southeast Asia, for instance, it's much worse than ours. China is their villain now, not us.

Draft saved Draft deleted