1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maybe he will die?

lakefront, bumpy mcgee and goalmouth like this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Agree, I'm fine with it.

Only 10K allowed in, I'm going with a friend who is fully vaccinated and beyond the two weeks.

Mngwa likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

One of the truest things ever said, ever.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FREEDOM - the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
    PATRIOT - a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

I've always thought true patriots are willing to sacrifice their own well-being for the good of their country and fellow citizens. Yet, the current version seems more interested in their own well-being and aren't willing to sacrifice anything for anyone other than themselves. How did these two ideas get so comically intertwined?

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

People wipe their boogers on them, at times.

6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Get well soon, “Teddy Ballgame”!

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The same way I "know" if I walk my dog on the sidewalk I won't get hit by a car.

Of course, there is the tiny possibility some crazy driver could swerve into me, but it's not worth spending a nanosecond guarding against things like that . . . nor a bunch of COVID on the grocery cart handles.

We all take calculated risks every day, and we all judge our risk tolerances differently. We've just become grossly judgmental WRT COVID risk tolerance, in the guise of "you're endangering everyone else with your selfishness!" Well, so is the typical driver who can't stop texting or going 20-30 mph over the speed limit.

Not the Smails kid.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I watched a couple of minutes of his video announcing it, jfc.

A man was killed over the weekend outside a bar in St. Paul over distancing.

Who rips the cellophane off a urinal and then tapes himself pissing?

According to the complaint, Whisler punched a hole into cellophane that was put in place over a urinal to encourage social distancing, then took a cellphone video of himself urinating into it. Ryan called Whisler out on it as they were leaving the bar.

The verbal confrontation was cooling down when the men and their friends got outside, a witness said.

Then Whisler pulled Ryan's mask from his face and grabbed his shirt, the complaint said. Witnesses tried to separate the two, and a friend of Whisler's friend seemed to be directing him away when Whisler punched Ryan in the face, the complaint says.

More

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office said Ryan's cause of death was a traumatic brain injury because of the assault and subsequent fall. It said the manner of death was a homicide.

Bloomington hockey coach dies from single punch following dispute about social distancing at St. Paul bar

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

That's not a dirty little secret. That falls under the category of, "No shit, Sherlock."

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Jesus. Herbie's is the joint right next to XCel Energy Center and it would not be mistaken for a dive bar. It's a place you go for a drink and grub before or after a Wild game. That's not a place you go to get in a fight. Brutal.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Messaging, and the willingness of the propaganda outlets and previous administration to wield it like a theme hammer.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

With most, I'd say lesson learned. But with some spreading the BS – along with the virus – how can we know if he learned?

Friend of mine in the biz talked with him some months back. Said he was openly rebelling against the pandemic and gave my friend crap for having the audacity to wear a mask. Refused to take until he took it off.

So ... maybe he won't perish cleaning one of his guns ...

Draft saved Draft deleted