1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I've said it before, but I have not had even a slight cold since February of last year. I have never had issues with being seriously sick but I have never gone that long without something. Also, while careful in our household we haven't been extreme. Still have had plenty of kids' activities and attended at least kids sporting events and other things. Youngest kids have been in school full time since January, all of them off and on since October. And nothing. I can't imagine I'm alone.

To think masks and other precautions don't work or that's just a fluke is nonsense. I don't know what numbers would be without some of these basic precautions but it isn't hard to see they have at least some positive impact.

MileHigh and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

You and your right hand must be exhausted.

wicked, SFIND and HanSenSE like this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If you determined that you were never going to get Covid from a shopping cart, you weren't taking a calculated risk. Certainly not a year ago or 6 months ago. Your risk tolerance has nothing to do with you deluding yourself into believing you understood something more than you actually did.

Patchen, SFIND, Gutter and 2 others like this.
  4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a hoot!

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Felt pretty crummy last night and went to bed very early. Woke up feeling tip top. Twelve more days until full effect.

Side note. I need to limit my screen time. Especially right before I go to sleep. Being unplugged for a long stretch was refreshing. And guess what? I didn’t miss anything.

Good idea that I doubt I follow through with, unfortunately. Maybe if things get back to normal-ish.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was the one time in dealing with COVID that he didn't actively get in the way of doing what was necessary. That one time, he managed to do the bare minimum.

SFIND and Jerry-atric like this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"Getting Government out of the way" was a perfect task for the Trump administration, because "Look we're going to need Government to sit out oversight on this thing" was the one thing the Trump executive branch was perfectly capable of doing.

If only everything required inaction; Trump would have been an amazing President.

HanSenSE, SFIND and dixiehack like this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Downloaded Pfizer-BioNTech patch version 1.2 a half-hour ago and didn't even have to restart.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And how is the disinfecting of shopping carts a limitation of your freedom? How does it impact the quality of your life?

SFIND likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Guess it has a strangle hold on him. Good.

lakefront likes this.
  11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is unnecessary.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It doesn't. I can observe that the neighbor putting 10 deadbolts on his front door is being overly cautious without claiming that it infringes on my freedom or affects my quality of life.

Jerry-atric likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted