1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And thank goodness he was not around to screw up the distribution.

SFIND and Jerry-atric like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

States that didn't vote for him wouldn't have gotten it. Is there any doubt he'd do something along those lines?

lakefront likes this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

DeskGrunt-

It's a rough feeling, like a greasy bad hangover except it seems to go away as quickly enough as it comes upon.
    I don't presume to understand the science of it but this seems to be an indication the potion is working.
    Kind of like the great Violet Beauregard turning the colors of the spectrum after her magic gumball.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Report on Pfizer II at the six hour mark. I had some stiff/soreness in my neck and right shoulder for a few hours but I'm not sure if that was from the vaxx or from scrolling on my phone in the ambulance bay/waiting room. Since dinner, it seems like the discomfort has migrated into a minor back-of-the-head headache, the type I often associate with being dehydrated. And as someone who works in Minnesota today, the headache might not be the vaccine at all. May not have that celebratory drink I'd planned for after the shift and I might punt some of the dishes to tomorrow but otherwise, no worse for the wear.

lakefront and SFIND like this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Undefeated.

Attached Files:

lakefront, maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

People you know? People on this board? I don't recall anyone on here misinterpreting "flatten," with "squash." The goal I saw talked about from day one on here (and with the people I associate with in real life) was getting to the vaccine with the least amount of casualties, not "squash" and have zero cases until the vaccine.

Herd immunity was criticized not because people didn't understand that was how it would end but because it was an idea put forth by idiot Trumpers: we all need to get sick ASAP so we reach herd immunity. How well would that have worked out to have flung the doors open in Easter 2020 and say the hell with all precautions?

Re: "moral failings," your damn right they were treated as such, because many came from idiots "fighting the power," due to their cult leader was calling it a hoax. (Of course, maybe they weren't moral failings, because those idiots don't believe they are in the wrong.)

And another great talk radio tactic there BTE, by the way. "People are saying."

Norway did impose those efforts. It had 684 deaths as of April 8. Why?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Study compares deaths in Sweden and Norway before and after COVID pandemic

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Probably want to stop right there. Mine looked from July 2019-July 2020 and compared it to the preceding four years. Yours looked at . . . 6 months.

And we're going to go 'round and 'round and never get anywhere. Look, countries make their decisions; countries live (and die) with the results. I don't smoke. Should I shame everyone who does? What is this obsession with saying "X is the correct way to behave, and shame on those who choose Y or Z!" We've been doing this since the first hair salon reopened in Georgia almost one year ago.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted