1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No. Honestly doesn't change a lot of things. Bar seating will still be separated out to ensure social distancing, I assume.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bar seating is allowed but limited in Mass. at restaurants. Bars that don't serve food, of which there are very few, are still closed. Earlier this week I went to a neighborhood restaurant, the kind that can and does host Lions and Kiwanis monthly luncheons. It's where my senior golf league has its season-ending lunch. The place was slammed on a Tuesday, but there were only four couples at a bar which in the before times seated like 20-25. Those are choice spots, and the couples who were there when I arrived hadn't left when I had finished my burger, salad, and two beer dinner.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

CDC survey finds the state with the lowest rate of vaccine hesitancy/rejection is Massachusetts. In addition 10 of the 11 counties in the US with the lowest hesitancy/rejection rates are in Massachusetts. We may (OK, remove the qualifier if you wish) be assholes, but we're not stupid assholes.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yup. They are the only people who are fully vaccinated that I plan to continue to socially distance from.

Hermes, SFIND, dixiehack and 3 others like this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Quit bragging and go pahk the cah.

OscarMadison and Jerry-atric like this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia doesn't have bars that don't serve food. And it's not like Oscar's in Philly where there's a rack of chips at the bar and that's considered the "food." Not exactly sure of the percentage, but I think it has to be close to 50-50 between food and liquor at bars here. The biggest change will honestly be that the bartenders can actually serve you at the bar without getting in trouble. We had gotten to the point where there were a few tables pressed against the bar, but the bartender had to still come around the bar and place the drink on your table, and you couldn't place your drink on the bar at all. I'm heading to one of my regular haunts for happy hour later so I'll get an idea if anything has changed.

7. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll be happy if restaurants can just put the salt and pepper shakers back on the table, as well as the sugar/sweetener, so I don't have to keep asking for it.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Only if the are blowing the smoke directly in your face.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Capitalism is undefeated.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I mean I literally had a good friend die because someone chose to do Y or Z, so yes. In the case of Covid when your choice can kill my friend, you should be shamed for the unsafe choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted