1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was watching CNN this morning and one of their correspondents was at a makeshift crematorium on a city street in India. Dozens of Covid victims were being burned in funeral pyres behind him. I wonder if the USA had gotten that bad if we'd still have idiots like Rogan and the GQP telling people not to get vaccinated?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

How do people like Rogan, Limbaugh, Hannity, Candace Owens and Tim Pool get to have the influence they have? They're not educated. They're not intellectuals. Why does anyone listen to them?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

New York City will fully reopen in July 1, according to Blaz.

The numbers are looking very good. And hopefully even better in two months. We need people back in offices and commuting to bring back midtown and downtown. We need tourists. We need the hospitality sectors to take off again.

The big worry to me is an expected dive in commercial real estate. There are likely going to be many businesses that won’t want to pay for office space any more and keep people working at home. And that’s gonna hurt the rebirth a lot, I think.

The vibe is pretty good. More and more people walking with mask in hand and not on face until going inside a business (me included). Subway ridership is slowly increasing.

It’s been a really shitty 13 months. Ready for it to get better.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I believe that Tuesday was the first day NYC subway ridership matched the total for the day before the city was shut down in March 2020.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You forgot high school dropout Thomas Sowell.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My God. I don’t care for Thomas Sowell’s worldview, but he’s done nothing to deserve being dragged down to Joe Rogan’s level.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Braves soon going to 100%
    Men plan. God laughs.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Take it up with @Smallpotatoes ... he doesn't think high school dropouts such as Sowell merit the respect they're given.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He doesn’t think much of anything except what he’s told to.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Really?!?!?

I am not in NY all the time. ... but I haven't ridden the subway since March 10, 2020. ... I used to ride it a lot. I had an operation on my right eye on March 2, and I had a follow up visit with the doctor. Covid was already spreading in NY, and it was on my radar screen. I was nervous about riding the subway because of it, but I did it anyhow. Nobody was wearing masks yet, and I was in a crowded subway car, and I remember wondering if I was at risk because I was standing nose to nose with people. That was the last time for me. I haven't gotten back on the subway yet, but I know some people who are fully vaxxed and have been riding it.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What makes him such a great thinker?

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Had an experience like that at the airport. Never again- nothing was worth that.

We were still eating from work spreads in late February 2020.

Draft saved Draft deleted