1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It's a head scratcher what Brown is doing in Oregon ... especially after today, when Inslee instituted a two-week pause before changing anything in Washington.

Hopefully she'll have a change of heart, at least for counties where cases/hospitalizations aren't through the roof.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Most Oregonians are pretty much the most wonderful people you'll know, and will put up with just about anything.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't care about assholes like this anymore. Let 'em all die, preferably in agony and alone.

TigerVols, 2muchcoffeeman and Gutter like this.
  6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Worst. Burning Man. Ever.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Doctor, heal thyself.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Oh, it's freaking stupid. Totally stupid. But they are not hurting anyone, or putting anyone in danger, unlike the others on the opposite end of the spectrum.

SFIND, lakefront, TigerVols and 4 others like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Debated which thread to use this in.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Also under consideration: The U.
    Miami has been deemed "back" a dozen times since it was last relevant.

SFIND likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Disagree. I think it's a very instructive story about why people who "follow the science" suddenly veer off into something much closer to religious belief.

Progressive politics focuses on fighting against everyday disasters, such as climate change and poverty, struggles that may shape how some people see the pandemic. “If you’re deeply concerned that the real disaster that’s happening here is that the social contract has been broken and the vulnerable in society are once again being kicked while they’re down, then you’re going to be hypersensitive to every detail, to every headline, to every infection rate,” Scott Knowles, a professor at the South Korean university KAIST who studies the history of disasters, told me. Some progressives believe that the pandemic has created an opening for ambitious policy proposals. “Among progressive political leaders around here, there’s a lot of talk around: We’re not going back to normal, because normal wasn’t good enough,” Goldstein said.

I think this is about right. The pandemic was a confirming event for their faith that, indeed, everything is just as bad as they imagine it, and the pandemic is a chance to reshape the morality of America - and by proxy, the world. (That last part is American exceptionalism is different political clothing.)

12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Likely Jazz fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted