1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We're getting to the point where the only way to get people "motivated" to get shots in arms is to announce the vaccine rollout will be suspended in two months to assess the program with no definitive restart date.

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

That shit was serious. I got my second shingles shot in one shoulder at the same time as I got the flu and tetanus in the other. Never felt the later two. The shingles felt for two weeks like I got punched in the arm 45 times. ... Moderna No. 2 is tomorrow. If it's anything like No. 1, it'll mean a dull headache for a few days. Child's play compared to the shingles shot, which I've heard is child's play compared to the actual shingles.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Swimming is a great way to remove arm soreness after vaccines. Worked wonderfully with me in both Covid shots and both shingles shots. Gets blood moving through the arm in a zero-impact fashion, which in turn reduces swelling and the pain.

I Should Coco and Hermes like this.
  4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I would do it, once I have my second vaccination next week.:) I wouldn't be thrilled to have to wear a mask all the time, but I'd do it. I've missed cruising, and just traveling in general, so much lately. And I have a cruise that's definitely not free scheduled for June of 2022.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If only they weren't verily virulent viral variant vectors, I'd say vuck 'em.

lakefront likes this.
  7. DanOregon

I'd do it - for my country. Novo virus is probably a bigger risk. The social-distancing thing would be tough though, isn't the whole point is to have fun, drink copious amounts and meet new folks? But if the food is free, and you can get away with not wearing a mask while on deck or singing karaoke - maybe. I wouldn't want to spend most of my time in one of those small cabins.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

DeSantis: “Sail all the cruise ships!”
    Also DeSantis: “Businesses can’t require proof of COVID-19 vaccination!”

Norwegian Cruise Lines: “Well … bye.”

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

When my father was in the Army in the late 1950s, they all had to get an annual flu shot, and one year the day-after arm soreness was so severe that some substantial proportion of the base was on sick leave. When flu shots were administered the next year, there were medical types of rank standing at the end of the distribution line making everyone drop and do 100 pushups.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The early air guns for vaccine that the services used (and to some degree still) were bad about taking a divot out of your arm if you flinched. If you leaned into the gun it wasn't too bad, but I've seen scars on people who didn't, like a valley dimple where it took a chunk out.

12. DanOregon

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted