1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I believe they are attempting to “incentivize” vaccines, but “anti-vaxxers” do not wear masks anyway.

This announcement accomplishes very little. One can argue that mask mandates should remain in place until COVID 19 is eradicated - and perhaps afterward.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

COVID 19 will not be eradicated.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Depends on how you define "decent shape." Our hospitals are not overrun, so that is good. But daily deaths are still at something like 600 or 700 people a day, and while it's still dropping, it is starting to level off. A lot of people are going to continue to die unnecessarily. But we are a nation of idiots.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, if you have the opportunity to get a vaccine, choose not to get one, then get severely ill or even die, that's on you. Might be a harsh way of putting it, but it's Darwinism in action.

5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Right. But at this point, my concern is selfish. I'm vaccinated. I trust the science that says I'm protected.

But there is a nagging thought in the back of my mind that if COVID-19 is allowed to linger, it will mutate and those of us who are vaccinated will be at severe risk again.

If someone can empirically convince me otherwise, I'm all ears.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It did not protect the seven Yankees coaches.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Israel is proof mass vaccinating works. Something like nine new cases the other day. This has been a concerted effort from the start. Some might call it patriotism.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is two days ago:

The CDC has almost entirely reversed itself in 2 days.

I'm happy but - what the hell happened here?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's a fair question. The early evidence seems to show that the vaccines work well against the current variants. With so much of the U.S. vaccinated, I don't know if it will have a chance to mutate like it has in a crazy densely populated place like Brazil or India. But I'm just an armchair epidemiologist, so I could very well be wrong.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Of the 100 counties with the highest recent cases per 100,000, Trump won 87.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He lost the election. It's over johnny.
    [​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nice to see this news today, which marks two weeks since my second shot so -- free at last!

Draft saved Draft deleted