1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Here's the original post with some comments.

upload_2020-2-27_20-49-13.jpeg

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, remember right after his selection (by Manafort), the argument was that Puntz, the seasoned political veteran, was gonna be the nuts-and-bolts guy in the White House operation, giving Fatfuck guidance and counsel on how to smooth his ways through the halls of Congress, helping to overcome his abject lack of experience in government.

Yeah, that's how it was supposed to work.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That's great. Love the people who are getting upset -- it's rude to say "tinfoil hat"!

During the Obama administration we used to get daily emails at the station from wingnuts screaming that we weren't reporting on the chemtrails. Once Trump took office those emails stopped cold. We've gotten a few in just the past week, though, so the conspiracy crazies are roiling the waters again.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Truly amazing.

Ignore if you don't like/agree with? I have an aunt who posts stupid shit all the time. She posted that revent Bernie Facebook meme about his taxing for health care that was a combination of like three different quotes and totally wrong. three different people pointed out how it was wrong and why. she didn't believe it, talked about how Democrats scare the elderly and the disabled about losing their benefits and then called it conversational fake news and I only have dogs to talk to so I love a good debate.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Social media is basically the new "chain mail" for crazy people.

The relatives who used to send me letters back when we were kids saying "don't break this chain or you'll get bad luck" are the same idiots who forward or retweet ridiculous claims about all sorts of hoaxes. I used to post the Snopes URLs at the bottom of each one, but that didn't stop them. So they're blocked instead.

You can't fix stupid.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

With the caveat that there’s no real way to predict how Covid-19 affects anything, one of the universal precautions to prevent disease spread is avoiding large crowds, especially in closed spaces.

Hopefully, March Madness comes and goes before the U.S. experiences a breakout, but mixing large numbers of people from disparate regions would probably not be a good idea.

Beyond that, political rallies might be the sort of quickly thrown together gatherings that might cause concerns.

Rock concerts, baseball and other sporting events, large religious gatherings, etc. might see fewer folks or face restrictions if a real or perceived threat evolves.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

What year was the NCAA Tournament game that went on during an actual quarantine?

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

In 1989, an ECAC North Atlantic Conference first-round game between Siena and Hartford was played with no spectators due to a measles outbreak.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Depending on how it goes, we are already looking at canceling vacations this summer. I damn sure don't want to be in Orlando at Disney if this is still spreading.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I haven't bought my tickets for my planned August trip to France yet anyhow, but I'll certainly be monitoring how things are going before committing.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Whew. We go to Ducks games. The crowds aren't that big.

Draft saved Draft deleted