1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Dolly needs to truck her white trash self to Connecticut and explain to those parents why God loves her and Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell more than he loves their baby. Y'all keep drinking the kool-aid as long as someone is famous, keeps sweet, and sucks GOP dick.

Newborn dies of COVID19. No comment or words of comfort from self-appointed theologians.

Some places have run out of body bags. They. Have. Run. Out. Of body bags. And you're ass-patting someone who asked us to drink the kool-aid and sing-song that it's awll okaaaay? What the ever living fuck? I am starting to think that Ted Nugent has more integrity. At least he owns being a self-stroking jerk.

And yes, I am an angry jerk today.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dolly's hardly a GOP dick-sucker.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This guy might be the dumbest, whiniest, and most intellectually dishonest ultra-conservative in the entire state. And believe me, he has plenty of competition.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

welp

5. OscarMadison

She's doing a very good imitation of one right now. Telling people "God is in this" is cruel. It's straight from the Franklin Graham playbook. People are drinking the kool-aid and doing whatever they want because they think Jesus is some sort of silver bullet against the plague. It's easy to blithely say, "God is in this" when your own situation is secure. Most of her fanbase doesn't share her lifestyle. They have to go to work, take care of family, expose themselves to this.

I am damned mad about this and have been so for a while. My expectations are low when it comes to politicians, so I shrug them off and pray to The Dark Gods of My Ancestors every drop of the blood on their hands burns to the marrow.* I expect better of people who should know better.

*Only sort of kidding.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    SFIND, Fred siegle and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. OscarMadison

I have friends who work in health care in West Tennessee and Mississippi who videotaped goodbye messages to loved ones in case they don't survive this. Where is Jesus in that? If God's got Dolly in the palm of his hand, let her go down to LeBonheur or St. Joseph and prep trays for the overworked doctors and nurses there. Let her use her millions to provide equipment for the people in New York City or Detroit. For that matter, Flint still doesn't have safe water. Go do what Jesus would do and help them.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Far be it for me of all people to defend overt Christianity but I take what she's saying as a way of offering hope. If she was telling people "don't worry, God's got this" then that would be one thing. But she's not; she's suggesting that believers should believe, but maintain adherence to the science. I'm OK with that.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just wait until Daniel Dale hears from the JV viruses. They try hard too.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So Governor Kay Ivey of Alabama is holding a Twitter Q&A from noon to one. Here are a few of her responses to questions like "When will you shut down the state?", "How is building fences an essential business?" and "Will you expand Medicare given the extreme need of the community?".

This is a content free zone. Lots of words, no answers to anything.

lakefront likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Believe Trump.
    Or believe Putin.

I can hear the teeth gnashing from here.

It's also easy to repeat 10,000 times "Stay. The. Fuck. Home." when you have that luxury.***

*** Not directed at you, OM

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Upthread, much earlier, I had posted this Atlantic piece about the South's particular vulnerability to Covid-19, which probably accounts for my reaction when I saw the travel maps in the Times piece.

* see post above this one

and below

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted