1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So the only appropriate response is "She's a nobody. Who cares what she says"?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

NYC surpasses 9/11 death toll.
    The mask thing is weird man. I don't want to wear a mask or a bandana, can't I just go with a balaclava?

And of course, it can't be a national "thing" without new emojis.

upload_2020-4-3_15-45-12.jpeg

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hit the grocery this afternoon and my horseback guesstimate is that 15-20% were wearing some sort of mask. From yuppies in workout gear to little black grannies, they are starting to appear.

If you can find them, of course.

lakefront likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

FTFY

6. Neutral Corner

It has been announced that Gov Ivey of Ala. is issuing a shelter in place tomorrow at 5. I immediately went to the grocery and grabbed anything on my list and anything else that struck me. Things were looking kinda bare already. Publix will be stripped by closing tonight.

Walmart has already set up crowd control barriers and is sending all customers in and out a single door. There was no restriction on people in and out as yet though.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Why don't you think for yourself and come up with your own response?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I picked this one out of the background music at Wal-Mart this morning in one of those "right song/right situation" moments.

Cosmo and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I did the same thing this morning. Crowds haven't been bad at the grocery stores the last couple of weeks, but I think we're definitely at the point where it's time to enter the bunker. Today's trip was a "top off the tank" kind of trip for fresh vegetables, pet food, Cokes, some extra meat and other stuff we've used up in the past two or three weeks, to try and preserve the frozen food and boxed stuff for farther down the line. Still spent almost $300.
    The big prize was a thermometer. Ours broke right before all this started and they've been impossible to find.
    I estimate we have 1-2 months of food (about 50 meals) in the house now. We've also been eating out a good bit, not just to support local businesses but because I figure if we do that it'll help the stockpile last a little longer when we finally reached this point.

My Wal-Mart was setting up the barriers, too. They had a bunch of shopping carts turned over to form a queue line. They hadn't started enforcing it, but apparently that starts tomorrow.
    Has there been any word on how many people will be allowed in the store? If they're only letting 10 people in at a time, this is going to be a shit show.

10. Neutral Corner

Mine is a three entrance Super Walmart. Lord only knows how many they'll be letting in.

My run was a lot like yours except that I only dropped $200. That's still twice a usual run for me.

Batman likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Wal-Marts and Costcos out here have set up barriers.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

“Super Wal Mart” sounds very much like “a command performance by the Opelika Symphony.”

Draft saved Draft deleted