1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

We are now down to 10 states without stay-at-home orders. They are all governed by Trumpists.
    Seven of them saw their case counts increase at higher rates than the national average from March 29-April 2.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This is going to be me going into stores for the next little while. I don't know if it will protect me, but I'm gonna do it because I have the gear and because I can.
    [​IMG]

I might rob some shit.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Oscar, I appreciate the opportunity this experience affords for one to nerd out. I just finished a documentary series on the Romanovs.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Went to Aldi's earlier this week and they were limiting the number people in the store but those waiting outside were just mingling around the front door. There was not a six-foot gap to retrieve or return a cart.

Those not familiar with Aldi's, shoppers pop a quarter into a slot to get a cart and it's returned when you bring the cart back. I traded a woman a quarter for her cart on my way in but risked getting sick to get my 25 cents back.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gov. DeSantis: "I won't close churches & disrupt the revenue streams megachurch pastors need for their Christlike lifestyles."
    t or f?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

One thing I yet have to see is anyone wearing a red MAGA hat and a mask at the same time.

I will get a pic of that unicorn as soon as I sight it in the wild.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fuckheads lawyer up!

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There were a few masks in our office, so I nabbed one. Seemingly were there from back when we constructed our building back in 2015. It works. I guess I'll start wearing it. Was waiting for the CDC recommendation before going there.

Anyway, to SP's points on the people like Candace Owens and Bill Mitchell. Yes, we think and know they're fucking kooks. But they have gigantic social media followings and the people who listen to them are the ones who are saying fuck this social distancing shit and putting others in danger. They need to be silenced. Fuck freedom of speech with those pieces of shit.

PS - That Howard Jones song had a key role in HBO's Watchmen. Love that song.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

I saw a guy yesterday wearing a crimson mask with the Alabama script A on it. Bammers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

the little town I went to high school in had one of the first outside of Arkansas. It had Sam Walton’s name on it and “Discount City” was in as big a font outside the building as Wal-Mart.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted